Monday, February 27, 2006

Crab spider - Death by flower


Late August 2005 -- I started noticing dead butterflies and bees on thistle blooms. My first thought was that the thistle was poisonous. But then I saw it: A white crab-like spider hiding in the center of the thistle. It looks just like the center of the flower until you see it move.


It grabs the victim with pincher-like claws. Then injects a poison and sucks the victim dry.


Vaguely reminiscent of public policy in general. Except that the crab spider has to work for a living.

2 Comments:

Blogger The Conservative UAW Guy said...

Dang tax and spend spiders...

2:24 PM  
Blogger Kevin S. Willis said...

Woodswalker,

Do you ever read the comments on your really old posts?

Are you going to get angry at me for posting a link about:

Diabetic Supplies in an old comments section, or Adobe Software at Software Supply Group?

I hope not. But, like you, the economy has got us tight so I'm playing around with what I can do to increase exposure of our websites, and hopefully improve our results. Supposedly, this (known as "deep linking" can help). We'll just have to see. Thanks for your patience and understanding!

12:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home