Sunday, July 22, 2007

I have a blue jean skirt, and I'm not afraid to use it


My Pentecostal inlaws are the coolest people on earth and that is coming from a serious papist.

Above is a shot of the weekend reunion of some of Mark's many relatives sitting around picking and singing. At right, you see even the little girls wear skirts. I was the only chick without a skirt there. But I have a skirt. One of these days I'm gonna wipe this makeup off my face, take off my diamond earrings, and put on my blue jean skirt.

Wait... maybe not the earrings. But, by Golly, I'll wear that skirt.

6 Comments:

Blogger Gayle said...

Looks like a lot of great fun!

I have a bluejean skirt. I wear it quite often. You don't have to remove your earrings to wear one! :)

9:07 PM  
Blogger Pamela said...

is that Rosemary?

I'd love to come and "set a spell" and sing along.

Miss that part of family living close. We sang a lot when I was a kid. funny that none of us played the guitar.

2:08 AM  
Blogger Fish-2 said...

We have neighbors just down the road that have a gospel group. Once a year they host a "Singing on the Hill" on the lawn at their place, that starts with a pitch-in dinner. Then they pick 'n sing and another group will also perform. They have several instruments including a grandson on keyboard that Jerry Lee Lewis couldn't keep up with. It's a great evening each year.

8:10 AM  
Blogger Walker said...

Gayle, I'll remember that! LOL

Pamela, No one ever played any music when I was a kid so I love this.

Fish, That sounds like one of the greatest traditions!

3:51 PM  
Blogger Gayle said...

Walker, if you haven't seen the wild wedding picture that Fish posted of his daughter's wedding you've missed something. Everyone in the wedding party is packing a gun!
Wedding picture

7:46 PM  
Blogger Gayle said...

Oops! Wrong link. That was the link to his comment thread. Sorry! See if this works:
Wedding Party Picture

7:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home