Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Evolution as God

Check out this article that perhaps explains how Global Warmongers can see into the future. It's built in!

But, seriously, in this theory a researcher explains that the brain kind of makes up 1/10th of a second of the image to compensate for the time it takes for the true image to arrive at the eye and be translated by the brain.

What I find sort of odd about the article is the researcher repeatedly speaking of evolution as if Evolution is God. "Evolution has seen to it..." he says.

Well... go ahead and correct me if I am wrong (and I'm sure everyone will!): Evolution doesn't see to anything because evolution is a blind mechanism of change based (debatedly) on natural selection. Thus there can be no planning in evolution. What you must believe to accept evolution is that, more or less, by coincidence, humans have evolved a useful trait. That is, maybe this very subtle trait occurred as a useful birth defect in a caveman who thus had a tiny advantage hunting and then attracted a hungry mate who passed the trait on to some offspring and in the fullness of time every human everywhere in the world has this one stinking trait. That is evolution. But evolution doesn't plan anything. It doesn't see a need and fill it. It doesn't "see to" anything. God does that.

I really do not like scientists adopting the language of religion when they pretend not to entertain the notion of God and God's works in their own worldview. I can't decide if it is patronizing (this is the only thing the plebes will understand!) or if they themselves can't fully appreciate their own science. They still need God and they call it Evolution.

So...why can't they call it evolution and I'll just go on calling it Jesus? Or, you know, we could just be Unitarians and both of us would say "jesus" but we would mean evolution.

5 Comments:

Blogger Gayle said...

Walker, I'm not going to call you crazy because you're right. Evolution does not "plan" anything! God did the planning, including evolution, but the dingbats will never admit that.

4:16 PM  
Blogger kevinwillis.net said...

It's the "God shapes hole" . . . even many notable agnostics/skeptics (like Michael Crichton) acknowledge that human beings are psychologically "built" for religious belief. So, if you don't believe in God, you deify something else . . . like evolution, or Global Warming.

5:19 PM  
Blogger Pamela said...

You should have been a preacher -- You would look so good behind a pulpit!!
:)

12:10 AM  
Blogger Walker said...

Gayle, that's for sure.

Kevin, I'm always amazed at the people who aren't interested in religion but are fascinated by horoscopes. Even people who are not the least bit interested in horoscopes, are nonetheless shocked when I tell them that the horoscopes we sell are written by whoever has the time on our writing staff. They always say: You mean you LIE that these are horoscopes? And I say: No, I mean there is no such thing as a horoscope and someone, somewhere makes them up just as we do.

7:12 PM  
Blogger Walker said...

Pamela, I don't believe chicks should be behind a pulpit, nor do I think we should preach. And I believe I prove my point most days right here. LOL

7:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home