Wednesday, May 10, 2006

That taxing time of year

This is the time of year - just recovering from paying taxes -- that I am reminded there is a whole class of people out there who think tax time is the time for a free gift!

Child care tax credits -- ie: free money to useless people -- is the way money is distributed to people who don't work or who work very very little and have a bunch of illegitimate children.

I used to have a parttime worker who was such a person (this was before I resolved never to hire anyone who has ever been on Welfare or Unemployment). Every May she would buy a new car with her $3,000 windfall.

Well, okay, sometimes she would pay off her credit cards. Sometimes she would declare bankruptcy and keep the cash.

But you get the idea.

In May I'm usually struggling to recover from the big tax hit. But I work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home