Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Oh I'd just like to support you!

I get calls like these every once in a while.

Caller (a touchy feely women's rights person): Oh, I love what you do!

Me: Okay. Thanks.

Caller: How can I get your (product or service) for free?

Me: You can't.

Caller: But I want to support you!

Me: Send me $250.

Caller: I can't afford that!

Me thinking: I can't afford to work for free because for some odd freaking liberal reason you want to support me by not paying for my product. You goddamn idiot.

Me talking: Sorry we charge for our (product or service) because that's the way we support our families.

Gawd liberals are idiots.

3 Comments:

Blogger Kevin S. Willis said...

Love that. Really, isn't that the truth? Liberals want to support all of us--by taking away our money, our mobility, our freedom of choice, the right dissent or express any sort of skepticism about their anti-technology, anti-capitalist apocalyptic doomsaying . . . But "I just want to help you . . . "

10:54 AM  
Blogger Pamela said...

I saw the Bumper sticker with that weird blue ball with red stripes =
it said:

Because Everyone deserves some of what you've worked hard for.

2:02 AM  
Blogger Fish-2 said...

Utterly amazing. I owned my own print shop for a while and I think a full 25% of the people walking through the door wanted me to print something for them for free "because it would support a worthy cause". I told them I had a more worthy cause close to home I was trying to support, my family.

9:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home