Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Inauguration reaction

After listening to the inauguration speech, all I can say is if Obama can do all that, what's he going to do on the eighth day?

After 3 hours, my reaction:

He starts out saying he is humbled, but his agenda is anything but humble. It strikes me as either naive or insane.

After Reagan won, his motto was: It's morning in America! As a young liberal at the time, I remember thinking: Who was unhappy? I was really happy with Carter. I thought everyone was thrilled with him.

Now I listen to the "we are one" crowd and I think, who is more unified now with the looney left than they were before? I can't see it myself. I don't feel unified.

But I did LOVE Rick Warren's prayer that among other things called for more civility. That would be great.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

he can't possibly live up to all the hype.

will he get a pass on it, too?

1:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

He will get a pass. The Obama-love is uncritical. He's like a cult leader. And that ain't his fault. It's all the religiously-deprived liberal, entertainment types, and mainstream media folks who've just been waiting for a Second Coming they can get behind.

9:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home