Thursday, May 11, 2006

I don't like your God.

An old pal of mine used to be a religious brother for a Roman Catholic (of course) order with a house in Chicago. When he quit it was because (in part) as part of their training, they were asked to pray with Buddhist monks and worship a Buddha statue; pray with Hindus and even pray at a mosque. This was supposed to show... hell... I don't know...what it showed was that there aren't any Catholics left.

Anyway, how can you give up your life to a religion that doesn't believe anything?

My friend could not, so he quit and when he did he said it was like waking up from a long, bad dream.

This wishy-washy "I'm Okay/You're Okay" religion is not just a problem of catholicism, though it is certainly is a problem there. It is infecting Christianity everywhere.

Even God is wishy washy to Christians today.

I just saw in our liberal newspaper here that the locals are putting on a play with the message: It doesn't matter what you do, Jesus loves you anyway.

Really? Jesus is utterly without standards? He's a chump? John Wayne Gacy seems exactly the same to him as Mother Teresa?

I don't like that God.

My God has some standards. He cares about what people believe. He cares what I do. I'm looking for a church that has Him there. Nowhere to be found in modern America.

And nowhere to be found in Europe. See what is happening in Belgian Churches at Chas' excellent blogspot:
Chas' blogspot

2 Comments:

Blogger Walker said...

Yes, and their likeness is getting increasingly perverse.

11:43 AM  
Blogger Gayle said...

I'm an Episcopalian and my Priest happens to be a liberal, and even he doesn't believe Jesus didn't have any standards. His take on it: Jesus will forgive you if you really and truly take him into your heart and ask his forgiveness. If you are sincere. Otherwise you are the devil's fodder.

I've been mad at this Priest a couple of times, but I guess I'm not as bad off as some, according to this post. :)

3:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home