Monday, July 03, 2006

Where's that cat?



I love to watch these little fellas, but they are getting destructive. Plus we have maybe 10 rabbits living around here. So I was not terribly unhappy when a highly verbal gray cat showed up and the chipmunks are watching their step.

I'm feeding the cat but I wonder if a cat can live outdoors in Indiana in the winter? I put an old dog house behind a tree, which is okay for summer and I can fix up an old sleeping bag in the house for winter but I am really, really allergic to cats so I can't let the little guy live inside. Plus we have three dogs. I keep telling the cat not to turn left into the dog fence. He's a smart little guy. I think he's figured out the dog fence.

4 Comments:

Blogger Joe said...

Rabbits are eating all of the wife's flowers. There is a new baby, about the size of a saucer around the last few days. You can barely see him above the grass.

8:37 AM  
Blogger white trash republican said...

Believe me, as long as you feed it and it has a place to get out of the wind...that dang cat will survive outside all winter. Done it lots of times, even when it gets well below zero! My barn cats do just fine in the winter.

Cute rodent pic!

12:03 PM  
Blogger Walker said...

That's a relief, WTR. I am going to have Mark Wayne build it an insulated cat house and I'll put an old sleeping bag in it or something.

12:12 PM  
Blogger Gayle said...

I have three barn cats, and we do have freezes here in the winter. Your cat should be fine. :)

8:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home