Friday, December 08, 2006

How the libs fight Christmas

Here is an letter I received from a prospective customer from California about my product. The letter has been edited for my privacy:

Your (product) is nice, but its really Christmas-ish, not holiday-ish as poinsettias are pretty much a Christmas symbol. What about those of us (and our clients) who celebrate Hanukkah or Kwanzaa or Ramadan (or don't celebrate holidays at all)??

(Your) graphics should be snowflakes or something similar.


I took it easy on her since the email had a variety of spelling errors and errors of knowledge (Ramadan is never in December).

"Our actual (customers) access a special holiday (product with graphics) for Christmas, Kwanzaa, Hanukkah, and generic winter. Indeed, our holiday (product) can be customized to suit your prejudices (or those of other types of customers)!

Ramadan is generally in September and would not be (among the December graphics).

Merry Christmas to you!"

Signed,
Woods Walker in real life

4 Comments:

Blogger Gayle said...

Oh my goodness! Your product is "Christmas-ish"! She sounds like a moonbat for sure, and a Vally Girl at that. I'll be she says things like "Gag me with a spoon!" LOL. "Christmas-ish". I've never heard of that before. Shame on you for putting out a Christmas-ish type product with poinsettias! How dare you, Woods Walk! What do you think this is, Christmas or something?

People like that just drive me up a wall.

9:40 AM  
Blogger Pamela said...

In my mind I'm picturing the scene from Alice in Wonderland - the Mad Hatters Part. However, this time they are singing

"AND A VERY MERRY UN-CHRISTMAS TO YOU, TO YOU!!!

Loved your response.

I've been feeling pretty sad about everything going on that I've turned off the news, and I'm following the rabbit down the hole because I can't handle the real world right now.

10:32 AM  
Blogger BB-Idaho said...

The customer is always right...

11:22 AM  
Blogger Karlo said...

Actually Ramadan call fall in any time of year since the Muslim caledar doesn't coincide with the Western calendar.

11:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home