Friday, March 09, 2007

Faggotts, Niggers, and Ann Coulter

We're on our way to creating another protected, coddled class in America. Gays (what if I say 'Homosexual' - does that mean I am hateful?) are the next blacks.

Judging from the ridiculous fallout from Ann Coulter's speech, I now know something I didn't know before.

Saying Faggott is the same as saying Nigger.

Homosexual is the same as saying Negro.

We do not need is more liberal speech codes that make words and ideas illegal. Haven't they done that enough already? But apparently we already have these codes. I thought I'd use the two evil words in this column to see if I can.

I resent the reasoning implicit in this new speech code that homosexuals are an oppressed group just like blacks. Leaving aside for a moment the question of whether blacks are oppressed now, are homosexuals oppressed? Are they a group in the same sense as blacks are a group?

Why no, they aren't. Homosexuals are people who have sex in one particular way and they are part of this group based on their behavior, not on qualities beyond their control, such as skin color. Some homosexuals would actually have to announce their sexual desires for us to know they belong to the group at all. Others have such acute behavioral or emotional problems that it is obvious they are homosexual, but for many of these, it is not obvious that they are in any way mentally healthy.

And here I draw your attention to the obsessively sexualized men who frequent gay bathhouses and who ride on floats in gay pride parades making lewd sexual gestures in public along the entire route. Well, truthfully, there is a buffet of bizarre behavioral displays and emotional weakness in the "group" called homosexual. Even a cursory association with homosexuals leaves one alarmed at all the self-destructive behavior.

I've had more than a cursory association, of course. I've written for a gay newspaper. Indeed, I held the funeral for the publisher of said newspaper when he died of AIDS. I shaved his partner in the hospital when he died of AIDS. I've judged drag shows, been to gay bars, been to gay bars drinking with the owners after hours. I owned a photography business which specialized in photos of drag queens and I can tell you this: Even the healthiest gay men I met had some frightening emotional problems and I never, ever, met one that didn't have an exaggerated sexuality, acted out in fearsome ways.

I've got to get back to work. Not sure I proved my thesis here, but I do want to see if it is legal to type faggott and nigger on Google.

2 Comments:

Blogger Pamela said...

I grew up so protected that I was not aware of such words until I was nearly an adult.

Reminds me of the little taunt we sang as kids:

"Sticks and Stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me."

12:44 PM  
Blogger Leo Pusateri said...

Very interesting article, from a person who has obviously lived a very interesting and fascinating life.

I'd be sincerely interested in reading a story of your journey from then to now, with regard to your "conversion" to conservatism.

Warmest regards,

-Leo-

10:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home