Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Banning Christmas: The 'inclusive' lie


Above, the Head Bigot in Charge of Costco, James Sinegal

Is banning the word 'Christmas' being inclusive of all those hundreds of other belief systems that celebrate something-or-other on December 25 using a lighted tree?

No.

Well, as a matter of fact, there aren't any other belief systems that celebrate that way.

Let's face it. This is the CHRISTMAS season. You want to sell Hanukkah gifts, then do it. Call them Hanukkah gifts. What's the matter? You don't like Jews or something?

You want to sell Christmas gifts, sell Christmas gifts.

Here's what the honorable Kevin Willis says:

I understand being inclusive, but this is exclusive--excluding Christians. And, let's be honest, this sort of crap excludes even secular American's who enjoy long standing traditions like Christmas. Independence day is going to be "Summer Festival Grilling Time" in no time.

Walker's observation -- Of course if we renamed Independence Day to "Summer Festival Grilling Time" this WOULD give Democrats something to celebrate.

Kevin says: Saying the banning of Christmas is "inclusive" is frickin' Orwellian, BTW. It's one thing if they want to add some "Happy Kawanzaa" type stuff, but it's frickin' Christmas, and when I'm buying presents from stores like Costco, I'm not buy "holiday festival presents" or "winter solstice presents", I'm buying Christmas presents. You don't like Christmas? Then you don't like my money.

And I would have said that as an atheist, because I celebrated Christmas--not "inclusive celebration day" for years as a non-believer, and never cared for this erosion of American tradition, and, yes, great American Christian traditions, even when I was a non-believer. I understand as a former atheist, I have no street cred with current atheists, but still. There are conservative atheists and agnostics who are appalled by the efforts of multi-cultural nazis to tear down Christmas under the bullsh*t banner of "inclusiveness".

"Inclusive", my big round red rear end. Ho-ho-ho.

Walker interjects: I'd like to point out here that Kevin is referring to his own "big round red rear end." I would never refer to mine that way, no matter how much I resemble that remark.

EMAIL THE HEAD BIGOT IN CHARGE OF COSTCO AND TELL HIM WHAT YOU THINK OF HIS INCLUSIVENESS.

Email the Head Bigot in Charge: jsinegal@costco.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home