Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Thanks for the thought, BO!

An contract laborer complained to me that his son had grown up and therefore he would no longer get the 'Earned Income Tax Credit' -- which, for you other people like me who are not parents -- this is just free money the Democrats spread around to buy votes. He was shocked because for the first time in his life, he was going to have to pay $3,000 taxes!

I asked him if he wanted me to lower his salary. That way he would have to pay less taxes. This didn't seem good to him.

I helpfully let him know that payroll deduction was a great way to save money for taxes. This didn't make him any happier.

Indeed, he exclaimed that this tax thing was going to cost him $250 per month!!

I said if everyone had to pay that AFTER they received their checks, why, taxes would be much lower and that would be good. But since he and his wife were avid BO supporters, I added that they were probably way more patriotic than I am.

(hee hee heee heee! This gave me a lot of glee. Good one.)

All I can say is: Welcome to the world of taxpayers! You are doing your patriotic duty!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like the Earned Income Tax Credit. I've got two kids!

Didn't buy my vote. I voted straight Republican ticket, and where a Republican wasn't running, I just voted against the incumbent Democrat.

7:55 AM  
Blogger Walker said...

Admittedly, Kevin, the GOP wouldn't dream of taking away free money for parents! (free money regardless of whether you worked or paid taxes! You just reproduced! We need social programs for amoeba!)

6:50 PM  
Blogger Fish-2 said...

I can't remember when the tax structure wasn't used as a tool to gain votes for the liberal candidates, even though they are always the first to raise taxes. Too many Americans vote their emotions rather than bothering to educate themselves.

12:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who didn't predict this day would come? C'mon, when you raise enough generations of welfare recipients, eventually you're going to have more of them voting than there are workers voting. This was inevitable!

Steve D

12:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home