Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Off to England

Gosh... it's 1 a.m.

And damned if my plane doesn't leave early tomorrow.

But still I'm indulging in some reading about the England of the past that we shall visit via museums.

Mark Wayne wants to go to Chartwell. Doesn't seem to be open in April. Nonetheless, I thought reading about Churchill would be a good pastime before leaving the colonies. A quote from Churchill:

"Why should we Anglo-Saxons apologize for being superior?" Winston Churchill once growled in exasperation. "We are superior."

Damn I love Churchill. He is so FREAKING politically incorrect and he saved Western Civilization only to have it raped and destroyed by a bunch of shallow, guilty liberals. Seems a waste, really.

Well! I'll no doubt be more upbeat in the morning. Cheerio! Pip Pip! And all that!

Kevin, you and I should share this blog so when I'm gone you can post away!

5 Comments:

Blogger Junebug said...

I hope your trip is exciting and fun. Godspeed to you.

1:14 AM  
Blogger Joubert said...

You'll probably be gone by the time I post this comment but you'll be in my thoughts and prayers to have a wonderful time in England.

It's overwhelming and took me years to figure out. It's just a pity that the English people aren't still all little Churchills.

1:55 AM  
Blogger Gayle said...

Here's hoping your trip goes well and you have a lot to tell us when you return, Walker.

Sorry about killing snakes since you like them, but Water Moccasins are extremely deadly and they've got to go. I gave them an eviction notice but they ignored it. :)

Take care!

10:03 AM  
Blogger kevinwillis.net said...

Give me posting privileges, and I'd be happy to post to the blog.

Keep in mind, before Churchill the Prime Minister in England was Neville "Obama" Chamberlain, here of Democrats and liberals everywhere. He bent over and grabbed the ankles for Hitler, and claimed--to the great adoration of the English public at the time--to have achieved "peace in our time". Of course, like all appeasers, he was wrong.

I'll always love Churchill's definition of a appeaser: someone who feeds everybody else to the crocodile, hoping that he'll be eaten last.

10:06 AM  
Blogger Leo Pusateri said...

Bon Voyage... and give Tony Blair a hug for me.

9:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home