Monday, August 28, 2006

Emmy plane crash

I'm actually glad the Emmys didn't cancel the plane crash skit. Imagine how revoltingly sanctimonious they would have been in taking it off. A dour voice over: Because of the recent plane crash in timbuktu, The Emmy producers have opted to cancel our opening skit, which involved a mock crash scene. Instead, we are sending corps of grief counselors into the heartland, where people can never manage to endure any tragedy alone. We think this will show you just how much we care. We fervently hope we lost no liberals in the crash, but it WAS in Kentucky, so we're actually a little relieved."

3 Comments:

Blogger Pamela said...

I didn't watch the emmys.

My TV has sat ignored by us and the dust has collected on the screen where I can see the handprints of recent grandchildren visits. (big screen)


I did hear about the air crash.

10:24 AM  
Blogger white trash republican said...

Eh.
Attack of the Clones and Pirates of the Carribean were both on last night, too.
Those won out in our home. Which is really retarded, if ya think about it-cuz we have both those movies and can watch them any time! I never ever claimed to be a friggin' genius.

The crash was tragic. Jeez, what a major screw up. I've flown those lil' commuter jets before (that's all we have access to around here-Delta's and Northwests) and it's always white knuckle time for me when they take off or land. Fortunately, I don't have too fly much.
I don't even wanna think about it.

(blogger must be on the crackpipe again-I'm having a time trying to post!)

11:09 AM  
Blogger Walker said...

We watched the season finale of Deadwood and Entourage -- both so VERY worth it. HBO -- a business deduction. I think this is why Mark Wayne married me, but I can't be sure.

11:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home