Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Chica's rabbit



This is a picture of Snick and a living, although not by much, rabbit. But it was my old dog Chica who came strolling out of the woods with the enormous creature dangling out of her mouth. Hard to believe she is fast enough to catch one. Normally, the way she catches moles and mice is she waits patiently by a hole with her mouth open.

But as soon as Chica saw me, always alarmed by killed things, she dropped the rabbit and walked on as if she never saw it before. Snick just happened to be after her and he utterly ignored the rabbit, too.

So then we had a poor mangled, but living, rabbit. Mark, always my hero, went out later and killed it with a hammer. He can do that sort of thing when he has to, but I think he doesn't like it much.

2 Comments:

Blogger Pamela said...

uhhh... poor widdle wabbit.
did you know they make crying sounds when they are hurt.

Poor Mark, too.

12:32 AM  
Blogger Walker said...

Quite familiar with those sounds. I've heard dozens of rabbits make screaming sounds when they are caught by dogs. Pitiful. Fortunately, I don't hear as many these days since my beagle mix died. She was a hunter.

10:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home