Tuesday, March 11, 2008

The Spitzer affair

I'm laughing at various Democrats weighing in on television saying: A person's private morality is not my business but...

Even now, as perverse and coarse as liberals have made this society, aren't you amazed that the culture STILL has certain standards of behavior and STILL honors right and wrong? If you don't believe it, then ask yourself why Elliot Spitzer is resigning. Is it just because he overpaid the whore or is it because he put himself in the company of a whore?

Liberalism has succeeded in changing many aspects of morality, chief among them the notion of what is murder. Killing one's husband has been found legal many times. Indeed, killing men is usually legal, unless they are wearing the uniform of the enemy, in that case, it is merely immoral but can be illegal if the liberals get ahold of you. On the other hand, killing women is still illegal but killing infants in the womb is legal, as is killing them after birth. Killing toddlers is a misdemeanor punishable by a weekend in the county jail.

But I'm really amazed that whoring is still considered wrong. (Unless you are homosexual and then you can be Barney Frank and run whores out of your congressional office and it becomes an issue of gay rights.)

By the way, the best commentary on this so far is by Scott Ott.

3 Comments:

Blogger kevinwillis.net said...

I commented on the Elliot Spitzer apology here. In brief, I don't begrudge Spitzer his sin so much as the blatant hypocrisy (not to mention, I think there's a little karma at work here, but maybe not). And the issue of hypocrisy is especially relevant, as that is the excuse liberals use to trash gay Republicans, sexually licentious conservatives, and others whom they would give a pass if those folks would just be liberals: hypocrisy. Essentially, because liberals "aren't judgemental" (which is an inaccuracy to profound to get into here, but they certainly are judgemental, just about things that aren't true or issues of "social" or "cosmic" justice), it's okay to run a gay prostitution ring out of their basements. But if you're a conservative and you tap toes in a public restroom or send suggestive IMs or philander or whatever, you're a hypocrite and should be drummed out of public office. And, oh yeah, all your policy ideas need to be discredited and abandoned.

I wonder if Democrats are going to start arguing that Spitzer's ideas on high taxes, wealth redistribution, and open borders need to be dismissed now, because he was such a "hypocrite". No? Hmmm. I think there may be a whiff of hypocrisy, there.

BTW, I'm a hypocrite. Because I haven't lived up to the standards I've set for myself 24 hours a day, and have done things (like overeating!) that I know I shouldn't, and should know better. There ya go.

12:59 PM  
Blogger kevinwillis.net said...

BTW, I thought prostitution was legal. If you manage to get elected to public office. Isn't that what it's called?

1:02 PM  
Blogger Pamela said...

I loved Scott Orr's take. It's that old plank in the eye sermon.

12:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home