Thursday, March 16, 2006

Tech support victims

We have a small company and I do tech support.

There's a lot of pain between "I" and "support" and sometimes we don't get to support.

Today I got an email from a tech support victim who said she wasn't doing business with my company this year because she needed help and I was rude and I didn't care.

So, I'd like to offer some suggestions for dealing with tech support.

1. Don't assume the product doesn't work. 

Assume it does work.  If you assume otherwise, first I have to get past your whining and you become the problem. 

Note that YOU are being rude at this point but if you continue down this road, remember you aren't dealing with Microsoft.  I don't have a supervisor to hand you off to and if you keep it up, I'm going to cut my losses and move on.

I have as long as you need, if you want to cooperate and give me a break. If you don't want to cooperate, or you don't really want to know the answer to your question, or you just want to take out your frustration with your life on someone, DO NOT call me.

2. Be prepared to give me enough information.

I am not a freaking mind reader.  If you write me an email that says "I clicked on something and nothing happened," all I can say is nothing clicked in my brain. You want help you're going to have to put forth a tiny bit of effort.

Special note to you womyn
 One woman to another: Save the passive aggressive bullshit for your husband. I'm not married to you and I don't think you're oppressed. STATE the problem.  Don't talk around it.  Don't make me guess what it is. 

3. You bought your computer from Dell. If you don't know how to use it, CALL THEM.

It's not my responsibility to teach you how to navigate your hard drive, or use your mouse.

Kisses,
Tech Support

1 Comments:

Blogger kevinwillis.net said...

Hah! "Don't talk around the problem"? Be clear?!When you meet those women, let me know.

8:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home